Together! 2013 Presented by Ekon Benefits Was a Huge Success!
It was a morning of inspiration and incredible shopping at the sixth annual Together! Three successful women shared their stories of moving through personal challenges and obstacles to make their dreams come true. Each of our speakers lived through experiences of sexism, sexual assault or domestic violence. Each shared the tools and routes they took to thrive and live fully in both their personal and professional lives. They motivated and inspired us!
As always, proceeds raised went to support the education, intervention and counseling programs of Safe Connections to prevent and end domestic and sexual violence while helping victims reclaim their lives.
Save the date for April 12, 2014!
Our 2013 Headliners
Mary Elizabeth Grimes – State Director of the Missouri March of Dimes
Christy Marshall – Editor in Chief of St. Louis AT HOME magazine
Kacie Starr Triplett – former St. Louis City Alderwoman
Emcee: Rachel Lippmann – Reporter at St. Louis Public Radio, KWMU
Special Thanks to Our 2013 Business Sponsors
Commercial Real Estate Women – St. Louis
Missouri Foundation for Health
American Equity Mortgage
S.M. Wilson & Co.
Special Thanks to Our 2013 Leaders Circle
Special Thanks to Our 2013 Steering Committee
The event could not have happened without the hard work of our committee.
Chair: Jill Powell, MD
Auction Chair: Julie Hornsby
Members: Patrice Billings, Deb Cottin, Vicki Dolan, Katie Flaschar, Laura Fraley, Susan Kidder, Allison McDonald, Marysa Monterubio, Linda Rallo, Eleatha Surratt, Maureen Tierney
Make Together! Your 2014 Charity Project
- Be a Host! Fill a table with yourself plus nine of your nearest and dearest girls.
- Be a Co-host! Does filling a table sound daunting? Bring yourself plus four friends and be a Co-host.
- Attend as an Individual Guest. And bring along a friend or family member to enjoy the event with you! ($50 adults, $30 young women to age 25)
- Contribute to the Silent Auction. What a great way to put your product or service in view of nearly 500 all-female shoppers! Contact Allison McDonald at 314.646.7500 x122.
To be a Host or Co-host or for information on being a Business Sponsor, please contact Deb Cottin at 314.646.7500 x101.
Know a Teen Who Would Benefit from Attending in 2014?
Young women from middle schools and high schools throughout the St. Louis region are encouraged to attend. Here’s why. They will be:
- Inspired to action by the stories they hear from strong women on stage who have achieved great successes.
- Introduced in an age-appropriate way to the movement to end violence against women and girls.
- Made aware of resources for any teenager or woman who has survived domestic, dating or sexual violence.
- Made aware of the value of philanthropy and building strong social networks.
Tickets are $30 for our teens, and complimentary seating is available based on financial need. Don’t let any young woman you care about…daughter, niece, granddaughter, neighbor, friend…miss this opportunity.Project ideas and support for sharing what they learn with peers will be provided.
Please contact Katie Flaschar at 314.646.7500 x123 to sign up a teen or for more details.Back to All News