Who We Are
The Safe Connections Young Professionals are an essential component to raising awareness and funds in order to further the mission of Safe Connections: reducing the impact and incidence of relationship violence and sexual assault. The women and men of the Young Professionals, primarily ages 25-40, serve as agency ambassadors. Formed in 2010, the group is committed to creating new opportunities for young professionals to serve as leaders in the community.
How Can You get Involved?
Become a Member of Young Professionals
Membership is free. The commitment is to attend and support as many events as you can, and encourage your friends to come! Benefits of membership include:
- Helping to create a culture completely intolerant of relationship violence/sexual assault and completely supportive of survivors.
- Opportunities for leadership roles on the Young Professionals Board and committees.
- Relationship-building with like-minded young professionals.
- Invites to all Safe Connections Young Professionals events.
- Access to professional development opportunities (workshops and networking) through the Connect With collaborative.
Cheers! Join us at a Happy Hour
Our happy hours are a great way to get to know other YPs and learn more about our group.
Sit on a Committee
We are always looking for dynamic individuals to join our committees. Currently, our committees are based around our annual Trivia Night, as well as the Social/Marketing Committee, which collaborates on the quarterly YP newsletter and overall marketing efforts.
Stay in the Know and Like us on Facebook
For the latest and greatest on the SCYP fundraising and awareness events, make sure to like us on Facebook.
The Safe Connections Young Professionals Board oversees the SCYP group as a whole, providing direction on events and awareness. The board meets monthly to provide direction, and board members are to fill two-year terms. The group is a member organization of the regional Connect With Young Professionals collaborative.
Click here to see a current roster for our Safe Connections Young Professionals Board.